Horizon’s team of healthcare policy and political experts is second to none. Our team of experts has decades of experience working on Capitol Hill and in health policy.
We are a full-service government affairs firm recognized in Washington for our well-established coalitions, deep policy expertise, and effective advocacy:
Policymakers are bombarded with information, news and data. Our team knows how to break through the noise with a combination of targeted and strategic engagement and sophisticated use of media channels. We work across the aisle to create more opportunities for our clients.
Our clients bring us business challenges; we deliver tailored policy solutions and results. We bring an intimate understanding of the laws and regulations and a thoughtful approach that extends into fiscal analyses and budget estimates to allow for higher level decision making.
Our six broad-based coalitions align diverse interests around common issues. With more than 200 members, we generate an informed consensus that turns sound policy into law.
We Know the Laws Because We Helped Write Them.
Our team has been the driving force behind more than 40 federal and state laws and dozens of regulatory changes over the last 10 years. Accomplishments on behalf of our clients include:
- Worked with a state to pass a law that authorizes a waiver from the Affordable Care Act to help stabilize their market, lower premiums by 10% and access $170 million in federal reinsurance funding.
- Helped pass a law to allow small employers to continue to offer benefits to workers through voluntary Health Reimbursement Arrangements.
- Led advocacy efforts to change the small group insurance market definition to prevent an 18% premium increase and major disruptions for small and mid-sized businesses.
- Helped write and include five major health IT and data policies included in the 21st Century Cures Act, one of the most sweeping pieces of health legislation in recent years.
- Helped repeal the law that cut physician payments by more than 20% every year and replaced it with a new system to drive value-based payment models.
- Guided introduction and passage of legislation that will increase access to telehealth services for the 20 million men and women who receive care through the Department of Veterans Affairs.
What Horizon Can Do For You
Horizon delivers consistent results through cutting-edge political strategies and best-in-market tactics, including policy development, data driven-insights, innovative issue campaigns, and advocacy strategies.Explore
Coalition Building & Management
We excel in coalition-building from start to finish by bringing diverse stakeholders together.Explore
Horizon’s Winning Record
Our team has been the driving force behind more than 40 federal and state laws and dozens of regulatory changes.Explore
“NCPDP has enjoyed a strong and productive relationship with Joel White and his team since 2013. His firm, Horizon Government Affairs, serves an important role in NCPDP’s advocacy initiative, keeping our standards and solutions and our role as a knowledgeable healthcare industry resource top of mind among policymakers. We look forward to continuing our successful collaboration to advance interoperability and improve healthcare.”
“We work with Horizon because they are best in class in bringing together strong advocacy alliances. They are experts at innovative strategies and work tirelessly to succeed. The team at Horizon always finds a way, which is why they’ve worked with us for more than a decade.”
“The experts at Horizon are policy experts and advocacy specialists who know how to get things done. They know drug pricing and reimbursement policies because they helped write the laws and regulations that define them. We work with them because they make a difference every day for our business success.”